Friday, October 26, 2012

Pillow Talk Swap

I'm loving the pillow talk swap, I've watched a few from the sidelines but this time I knew I could make time to join in. The talent over there is amazing!
I pulled some fabrics that I thought my partner would like and I'm pretty sure that this fits their taste perfectly but I'm just not sure I like what I've made with them


Excuse my sticky out tummy!
I like the block and I like the fabrics individually but I'm just not sure about the overall thing! I think it fits my partner but I'm having such a hard time with it, maybe its because if it was for me I'd have chosen more scrappy or more neutral??? I'm just not feeling it. I'm going to try a neutral border but as its already 18" I can't go much larger!
Have you ever made a swap partner something that you're just not sure about or do you scrap it and make something you love?

2 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I'm sorry, it's Heather Ross, what's not to love! Once it's quilted and left 'flat' it will look great xxx

Cindy Sharp said...

Do you know how you want to quilt it? Will it be quilted? Try carrying some of the turquoise into the gold and pink sections....or vis versa.

I like it...but agree with you, something is not quite right yet.