Saturday, June 23, 2012

Domesticated moi?

In my quest to be slightly more domesticated and convince hairy that I am a great housewife (im really not, I hate cleaning with a passion, I would much rather be sewing or reading!) I decided that I needed a peg bag! I know that this is a strange confession but I love my washing line at our new house, its one of those ones that spins around and it has a handle that turns to make it go up and down. Its really old fashioned but I really like it. Seeing as im enjoying hanging out the washing at the moment, I thought my life would be made easier with a peg bag

I wanted something that was weather related and had what I thought was a pretty cool idea, I wanted to make the hole for the pegs the sun.

I dont have a picture of the initial sketch I did, but I liked the sketch more than the finished item, even though I am pleased with it

First I had to work out how to actually make it. I decided I wanted it to contain wadding so it wasnt flimsy. Once I got my head around it, it came together pretty quickly


I wish that I had made the sunshine rays more obvious and I wish I had quilted the back. Overall I am very happy with it though, It brightens up a boring household chore




8 comments:

Cal said...

Super cute and a clever design idea. Hate cleaning too!

Kristy QP said...

Oh cute peg bag!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh very sweet x

pippablue said...

Love the peg bag! I hate cleaning too! In fact I could be the worse housewife in the world...lol! I don't know why, because my parents might be the tidiest people in the world, it just seeems to have skipped a geeration!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

I hate, hate cleaning too and get away with as little as possible :o) Love the peg bag, very cool!

Sarah said...

Aww that IS cute :-)

Taryn V. said...

I am so with you on preferring sewing and reading to cleaning! My house is an absolute disaster, but I have a nice quilt and book collection :D I love the peg bag and all its sunshine-y happiness!

Ebeth said...

This such a cute bag! Adorable!