Friday, January 13, 2012

Im a Published Designer....

well sort of.....
Today I finally got round to buying this months copy of Sew Hip Magazine, only to find that my design that has got through to the next round of their Fashion Designer competition was actually pictured in there!

Im so excited, I didnt know if the designs were supposed to be kept a secret so I haven't shared but now I know I can here it is

 My name and design featured in the top corner of page  52
 with some of the other semi-finalists
 They said my unusual fabric choice was one of the things that caught their eye
Along with the unusual hem line

And finally a sneak peek at the final dress (I dont want to give too much away but will show you at a later date)
I must say that while it has reminded me how much I hate dress making, I was so happy with the end result. The dress is draped around an inner boned corset to create structure and a nipped in waist. Most of the dress is hand stitched so that no stitches are visible. It has an invisible zip and is fully lined.

The prize is amazing, a fabulous Janome that has a massive throat for getting all of those quilts through, im up against some stiff competition so please keep your fingers crossed for me, my current Janaome has such a small throat that quilting is a nightmare and I so want to make more quilts this year!

9 comments:

lynsey said...

Wow Charlotte how wonderful, Keeping my fingers crossed for you, lots and lots of luck x

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I'll check it out when my issue arrives :-)

rachael {imagine gnats} said...

oh, good luck! can't wait to see the full dress reveal :)

Alli said...

Gratz! Good luck! :)

Leo said...

wow ... congrats ... those peaks you gave make me curious - the fabric choice is great - something one could actually wear ...

Kathy said...

You clever thing! Wishing you lots of love - I think the prize Janome is the same as mine , and the quilting space is great :)

pippablue said...

Oh, well done! I love the fabric you are using and can't wait to see it full. Fingers crossed!!!

verykerryberry said...

It does look like a lovely dress, the dipped hem is very flattering! Good luck for winning

Catherine Rogan said...

Good luck from a fellow semi-finalist, your sneak peek looks gorgeous, can't wait to see the whole thing xxx