Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Swaps and Bees

I'm sure by now you may have realised that I have gone slightly mad on bees and swaps! Here are a few pics of my latest swap makes and parcels I've received (woohoo pressies, gotta love em)

Brit Quilt Pillow Fight - Cushion I've made for my still secret partner
I'm so happy with how this has turned out, I've made a little extra and added some bits and it's being popped in the post tomorrow so hopefully my partner will have it by the end of the week, hope she likes it

And I've finally received some wonderful goodies from the swaps that I've been taking part in.

Pretty Little Pouch Swap


 I got this amazing package from Leila, isn't it gorgeous, the embroidery is stunning and the extras she sent are amazing too, a cute sewing kit, some lovely yellow fabric and russian doll scraps and ready made binding, wow I LOVE it all, thanks so much Leila

Sewn Spaces Swap: Pincushions
 I asked for something fun and whimsical and look what I got, super cute toadstool from Ella, apparently it was the first time she has made a pincushion and pin toppers, I cant believe it as these are so brilliant! Aren't those toadstool pins the sweetest thing ever! and to top it off she sent me some cute toadstool fabric too. Such a fun package, i adore it.

Handprinted fabric swap
I loved this swap, it was so nice to do something different and create fabric instead of creating with fabric. This is the first fat quarter I received, its from Vanessa Jasper and some of it was printed with cotton reels, cool huh. Everyone that signed up gets a fat quarter from 4 different people, I have received another today but not taken photos yet so will save that one to show you soon.

So today I was supposed to be working on my bee blocks but haven't, I so need to get going on that, maybe tomorrow!

2 comments:

Habibti at Home said...

Any ideas how I find a virtual quilting bee to join? I searched flicker and am not finding a group with an opening. Just looks like you may be an expert. By the way, that toadstool is completely adorable!!!!

Shocking Hocking said...

love the idea of the handprinted fabric - how did you get onto that? i'd love to have a go