Monday, September 19, 2011

A Quick Make

Not much to report this week but I managed to get a little pressie made for one of our crafty campers, It was for a 50th and she enjoys knitting so I whipped up this needle wrap
 I sewed a few charm squares together and when widened it with an oversized gingham
 I quilted it with random straight lines set at all sorts of different angles and then I sewed straight channels for the different sizes of knitting needles

And thats a wrap (sorry for the cheesy pun)

The other news is that I have been involved in setting up a new paper piecing bee over on flickr 'Piece Bee With You' im super excited and have been sketching up loads of ideas and designs (I havent found the time to make any yet though, hopefully soon!) There may be one space left, Im not quite sure, if you are interested then leave a comment and if we need to fill in a gap I will contact you, its not a case of first come first serve, it will be who we think will most fit into the current group.

Linking up with Sew Modern Monday as always, check out the other lovely makes.

4 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Cute needle wrap, and, uh, yeah, you already sucked me into the bee!

Alli said...

Ooh, the bee has a name now? I must have Monday Brain because it took me half a minute to get the pun. :D

Megan said...

Love the quilting! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

Cindy said...

Very cute wrap! I'd like to make one like this as a Christmas gift. Did you make up this pattern or use an online tute? I generally need instructions...