Sunday, May 8, 2011

Slow Progress

I've managed to make some progress today with my personal challenge to make 12 quilts this year, although not as much as i'd hoped. The top of the crocodile quilt is finished (woo hoo) and today I have pieced the back. I thought I would do a strip backing although it hasn't really ended up as one. Here is a sneak peak



Look at how much trimming i've done

Don't the colours all look lovely together.

I also managed to find the cravat scrap play mat/quilt that needs quilting. I had hoped to get it quilted today so that I can bind it over the next few nights, but oh well, it will get done eventually!


We are off on holiday tomorrow, yipee. I'm so excited, it's our first proper family holiday. We have booked a caravan in Wells Next The Sea, North Norfolk, it's only for a few nights but it's going to be great fun. I was hoping to have some projects for hand-stitching to take with me as i'm going to be without a sewing machine, but none of my quilts have got to the binding stage yet. Oh well, looks like I will have to take this


I designed and started this cross stitch back in December, it's a "pick up every so often" project (it's actually taking a lot longer than I thought it would). Maybe I will finish it on holiday?

0 comments: